Back Pain Treatment for Lithonia, Stone Mountain, Conyers, Decatur, and Atlanta, GA
Back pain is a common problem among adults everywhere. Knowing the origin of your back pain and what to do about it can help you live pain-free and in good health.
Where does back pain come from?
There are different types of back pain, all which have different causes.
- Upper back pain. This is generally caused by poor posture, injury or great strain. People who work at computers and who sit at desks all day are prone to problems with upper back pain.
- Middle back pain. Middle back pain often accompanies upper back pain, and can have many of the same causes as upper back pain. Poor posture and muscle strain are big contributors to middle back pain. People who play sports or who are hit in the back may also experience middle back pain.
- Lower back pain. Like upper and middle back pain, lower back pain can be caused by physical injury and poor posture. However, lower back pain can also be caused by curvature of the spine, a poor mattress, obesity, heavy lifting and even age.
What can be done about back pain?
The type of treatment that will help your back pain depends on the type of pain you’re experiencing and the origins of the pain. Many patients from Lithonia, Stone Mountain, Conyers, Decatur, and Atlanta, GA turn to help from their chiropractor for relief from back pain. Chiropractors use the following methods to help treat back pain and restore patients to their old health.
- Exercises. Exercising strengthens the muscles in the back and improves flexibility, reducing chances of injuries and helping the body to heal. Chiropractors show their patients exercises that can strengthen the muscles in the back and that can be done in the comfort of their own homes.
- Chiropractic adjustments. Adjustments stop back pain by realigning the joints in the spine and reducing pressure on pinched nerves. Chiropractic adjustments are one of the cornerstones of chiropractic care, and are a highly effective method for treating back pain.
- Lifestyle changes. Lifestyle changes can help reduce back pain when certain aspects of a person's lifestyle are what led to the back pain in the first place. Chiropractors assess their patient's lifestyle and make recommendations for change as necessary.
- Weight loss. Weight loss is important for lightening the load on the back. Exercising and eating right can help make weight loss possible. Through weight-loss counseling, chiropractors can help and support patients who seek to lose weight and reduce strain on the back.
No one should have to live with back pain. Getting chiropractic care can help. For more information about how visiting a chiropractor can get rid of your back pain, contact Full Body Center in Lithonia, GA. We also serve the communities of Lithonia, Stone Mountain, Conyers, Decatur, and Atlanta, GA. Call us today at 770-733-1381 to make your first appointment, and find out what chiropractic care can do for you.